Virtual Walk T&Cs
Please read all of the terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully. Each individual who registers to participate in the Virtual Walk For Constance (and, where applicable, in the case of a participant below the age of 18 years as at the date of registration, the participant’s parent, guardian or legal representative) declares and acknowledges to have read, understood and agreed to the Terms and undertakes to comply with and be bound by the same.
1. The event is organised by Lomagundi College Group of Schools.
2. The Event will be held on 1 September, 2020 – 30 September, 2020. The Organiser reserves the right to postpone or cancel the event at any time.
3. For more details on the Event, please click here.
4. The Event is open to people of all ages who want to participate. Each Participant agrees to participate in the Event on his or her own free will.
5. The Virtual Walk, Cycle or exercise events are open to people of all ages.
1. Everyone is required to register via online registration here
2. You can register and do your walk, cycle or event exercise at anytime during the event period from 1 September, 2020 to 30 September, 2020
3. By providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to participate in the Event, the Participant is deemed to have agreed/given express permission to the following:
a) Authorization to the Organiser, its agent(s) and/or contractor(s) to collect, process, organise, and retain personal data relating to the Participant (Personal Data).
b) The Personal Data of the Participant(s) shall be used by the Organiser for the following:
- Marketing – sending communication materials to the Participant, including but not limited to, direct mailers, emails, short messaging service and/or telephone calls
- Statistical analysis for planning and improvement of the Event
4. There will be no refunds for this event.
5. The Organiser reserves the right to modify or substitute any of the Terms or any other rules and regulations of the Event from time to time and at any time as they deem fit. If there is any ambiguity in any of the Terms, the Organiser shall have the authority to interpret and in so doing, the Organiser will take into account the interests of all parties involved. The decision of the Organiser shall be final and binding. Any updates, modifications, or changes on the Terms or any other rules and regulations of the Event will be notified on the Official Website and (unless otherwise stated) will be effective from the date of notification on the Official Website.
6. The Organiser reserves the right to change the date or to postpone or cancel the Event for any reason whatsoever.
7. If the Event has to be postponed or canceled, there shall be NO refund of fees and the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused. The participant acknowledges and agrees that the entry fee and any other transaction costs of the Event are non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-deferrable.
8. Any updates on the Event including any changes to the Terms will be posted on the Official Website, Facebook Page, or Instagram Page. It is the responsibility of the Participant to keep abreast of such updates and changes. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
9. The completion and submission of the online registration, confirm the Participant’s agreement to abide by the Terms and any other rules and regulations of the Organiser. The Event’s registration will be confirmed via ‘Confirmation Email’, which will be sent to the email address registered with the Organiser.
10. The Participant shall inform the Organiser via official email email@example.com, if the Participant does not receive the confirmation email within the stipulated time or is unable to download the confirmation email from the registration portal; or If there is a discrepancy in the confirmation email.
11. The confirmation email is the only valid proof of confirmed registration/official receipt and is to be used for participation for the Event.
12. Participants shall provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant. The Organiser may contact the Participant from time to time by email.
13. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participant. If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, outdated or incomplete, or if the Organiser has ground to believe that such information is untrue, inaccurate, outdated or incomplete, the Organiser may at any time suspend, revoke, cancel or terminate the Participant’s registration for the Event and refuse any and all current or future use of the Event’s Official Website (or any parts thereof).
14. Once a Participant’s registration has been duly processed, there will be NO refund of fees to Participants who wish to withdraw their participation for whatever reason.
15. The Organiser will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the Registration Form.
16. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, defer and/or add any Event category without prior notice to the Participant.
17. A participant is strictly not allowed to transfer their Event entry to another party or change the Event categories after his/her registration is confirmed.
18. Any online registration that is not followed with online payment is an invalid registration.
19. NO refunds will be made for incorrect or multiple registrations.
20. Re-registrations does not entitle the Participant to any form of refund.
21. All payments are to be collected in United States Dollars.
22. Running progress is to be tracked using any running app/gadget. Screenshot of results for submission should contain the following information:
- Date of run
- Picture of Runner
Participant participates in the Event at their own risk. The Organiser will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death, damage, or loss of property, whether personal or otherwise, suffered or caused, howsoever arising from training for, during participation, or after participation in the Event. The participant is strongly advised to go for medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the date of the Event.
The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs, images, motion pictures, recordings, and/or any other media records of the Event (including those of the Participant and of his/her name and other information without any compensation or payment or any prior notice), for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising and distribution by the Organiser in any form of media or medium and for such duration as the Organiser deems fit whether within Zimbabwe or elsewhere.
The participant is required to comply with any amendments made to the Rules and Regulations by the Organiser.
Participants below the age of 18 years old must obtain parental/guardian consent. Participation in Virtual Run is voluntary and solely at the risk of the Participant. The Organiser is not liable for any injuries or death resulting from the run.
For any general enquiries pertaining to the WALK FOR CONSTANCE, please contact: Mrs. Kandemiri on +263 772 627 258 or Mrs. Mupfudze on 0772 343 254