Walk for Constance
14000km En Route to India
The Virtual Walk Fundraiser is aimed at raising $85 000 for Constance Dohwe, a 15-year-old girl, who URGENTLY needs to undergo a Bone Marrow Transplant in India. You can take part by donating a minimum of USD$5 then walking or cycling a minimum of 5kms and tagging a minimum of 5 friends on the Walk For Constance Facebook page or Walk For Constance Instagram page. The event will kick off on the 1st of September, 2020 and ends on the 30th of September, 2020. This event is open to people of all ages. As soon as you register – you can do your walk, cycle, or exercise activity.
Constance Dohwe is a 15-year-old girl studying at Lomagundi College School. She is a very active pupil, who has been described as extremely diligent and who has participated competitively in a number of sports. She has particularly excelled in Athletics.
Constance was recently diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia. She has since been in and out of the hospital, where doctors are trying to manage the situation as best as they can. Constance needs to go to India URGENTLY to undergo a Bone Marrow transplant which will cost approximately $USD85 000. We have been fundraising but so far we still have a long way to go. Please help towards fundraising for the medical expenses by joining the walk and donating towards this worthy cause.
The goal is for participants to walk or cycle a collective distance of 14 000kms. This is the estimated distance between Zimbabwe and India. The distance walked or cycled must be recorded by a walking application such as Strava. We have put the minimum distance at 5kms, however, participants can choose to walk any distance they like. This must be done in one day. Alternatively one can do a minimum of 5 sits ups, 5 press-ups, 5-star jumps and 5 lunges in a day. This will equate to 5km. The event will kick off on the 1st of September, 2020, and end on the 3oth of September, 2020.
Participants must pay a minimum of USD$5 on Walk For Constance Go Fund Me page. We encourage participants to share the Walk for Constance Flyer with a minimum of 5 friends from the Walk For Constance Facebook page or Walk for Constance Instagram page.
This event is open to people of all ages who are fitness-oriented, online savvy, families, individuals, and the Lomagundi community anywhere in the world.
Terms and Conditions
Participants must submit an official Registration Form and make the correct, non-refundable registration payment.
- Participants can opt to take part in either the walk, cycle or exercise activities.
- All ages are welcome to take part in this fundraiser.
- COVID-19: Participants must ensure they are following their current government guidelines within their country and practice safe social distancing measures.
- Participants taking part in this virtual event do so entirely at their own risk and are 100% responsible for selecting a safe route to walk.
- We strongly advise that all participants wear appropriate footwear and clothing to ensure their safe and enjoyable participation.
- All funds raised by your participation in this event are raised for the sole purpose and benefit of medical and travel costs for Constance Dohwe. Any excess funds raised will be donated to charity.
- After completing their virtual walk, cycle or exercise activity, participants must submit a photo of themselves taking part or alternatively a screenshot/photo of their Strava route/ fitness tracker. They should send this picture via Whatsapp on: +263 78 809 8458
View all Terms & Conditions here:
How to Participate
- Complete the Registration Form on this page. You will receive an email confirmation confirming your registration.
- Pay a minimum of USD$5 via GofundMe page – Walk for Constance Dohwe. Funds can also be paid at our school offices: Harare Office – 33 Cosham Avenue, Borrowdale OR 1 Strip Road, Chinhoyi. We will also be receiving payments at – Higher Life Offices, David Frost Way, Suite 5, Westgate Shopping Mall
- Send a WhatsApp message of the Proof of Payment to: +263 78 809 8458
- Do your walk or exercise activity
- Share your photo and results. If you have walked or cycled please share Strava screenshot (or walking App that you normally use).
We invite companies to sponsor this walk for a minimum of USD$ 500.00 and receive:
- Event partner acknowledgment on all communication related to the Walk for Constance event throughout the month of September.
- Company logo placement on all social media platforms and all media coverage.
- Product or service mentions on Walk for Constance Facebook page and Walk for Constance Instagram page.